Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

... Casting Spells (Open~)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

... Casting Spells (Open~) Empty
PostSubject: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:21 am

Mark cursed in ancient Latin as he strode to the Arena, his wand stuffed in his pocket. He really, REALLY lacks training these days. The kinda chubby Mark bolted inside the Arena and went to some quiet corner. He brought his wand out, held it in front of him, and spoke a spell.

Nothing happened.

Mark's shoulders slumped, and he put his wand away, and brought forth his sword 'Espada.' He sat down, and started staring at it, praying to his mother Hecate.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:05 pm

"What are you doing with a sword in hand while sitting down? I don't see the point." I walked into the arena to find this guy meditating with a sword or something. It just didn't make any sense. It was completely unlogical to me.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:12 am

Mark looked at the older girl, mildly startled. He frowned, caught by the question. He think briefly, and then said, "Just brainstorming, I guess." Mark let out a small smile of depression. "Don't mind me, just..." he shook his head.
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:02 pm

I shook my head and sighed. Suddenly my eyes sparked and I whipped an arrow out of the quiver on my back, strapping it to my bow and pulling back the string. I aimed for the handle of his sword, right in between his fingers; just enough to startle him and make him drop the sword. I let loose and sure enough, the sword clattered to the floor. "You know, meditating in an arena is the last thing you wanna do, especially when holding a sword. Also, there's a common rule put into battle that everyone follows in the sake of making sure their life stays intact; never show weakness in front of a possible threat. If you wanna sulk, the Arena isn't the best place for it. I mean, I'm pretty sure that's not even the case. You came to train, without a doubt, so train you shall." I walked over and plucked the sword from the ground, handing it to him. I noticed the wand sticking out of his pocket and automatically thought of Hecate. My eyes lit with some understanding. "Oh dude, you've got it bad, huh? I'm guessing you need more practice with your magic? Just when was the last time you stepped in here and actually did real training?" I demanded, lifting an eyebrow inquiringly at him.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:31 am

Mark sighed in resignation as he get his sword. He ignored the earlier statements, although the girl is right. The Arena is not the place to sulk. He should've been mad at the girl, what with her words, but he can't. His misery was overwhelming.

"Just now. I asked my Cabin Leaders to train me, but oh well, they're too busy." Mark glared at the girl. "Can you each me?" he inquired, straightforward. It was probably stupid, but that's the way he is.
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 12:42 am

I grinned at the boy. "I was hoping you might ask that." I said, my green eyes glinting with eagerness. "I'm not the best with swords, of course, but I know the basics, which should be of help." I walked over to the wall with weapons stacked against it and grabbed a couple of swords before coming across one that weighed and balanced evenly with me. I turned and headed back to the boy. I took a stance that kept my muscles tense and my weak parts of my body out of reach, the sword within reach for attack. "Copy my stance." I directed, smiling encouragingly at him.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:15 am

Mark reluctantly stood up, swords at hands. He stared at the girl, noticing how her body tensed,and copied it as best as he could. He held his sword ready, thinking about his spells.

"Here. How's this?" Mark asked, tightening his grip on the sword hilt. His head inclined a bit and pursed his lips.
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:56 am

"Perfect!" I congratulated. Then my eyes flashed and I suddenly lunged at him, darting to his side and slapping his ribcage with the flat of my blade, so as to avoid actually cutting him. If anything, the skin would probably just turn red for a bit. I darted out of range and tensed again. "Alright, I just came at a weakspot of yours. Every swordsmen has a weakspot they can't fully cover when on the defense, so they use constant movement of their sword and body to keep the weakspot ever-changing. You need to find my weakspot and dart at it before I can move to defend myself." I explained.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:07 am

Mark took a deep breath after skidding a few feet back with the blow of the girl. His expression morphed to a challenged one.

"Weak spot, huh?" he muttered. He looked at the waist of the girl, past where she held her sword. He nodded, and said, "Okay. Weak spot." Mark was doubtful. He certainly cannot keep the girl occupied, nor keep up with her pace and sword moves. So he raised his sword, spoke a spell for "turn back," as he saw in a spell book. His sword tip gleamed with a small ball of red energy, and like a laser, the magic ball went straight for the girl. He went after it, aiming to attack.

It's worth trying, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ... Casting Spells (Open~)   ... Casting Spells (Open~) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

... Casting Spells (Open~)
Page 1 of 1